We’re back, back, back! We’re pleased to announce that our Minis, Youth & Girls rugby sides will start their new season on Sunday 13 September.
Biggleswade Rugby Club has been working hard behind the scenes to make sure that the club is ready to welcome back our young players and their families, and welcome any new players who want to try out or return to the sport. All you have to do to get involved is to 'Pitch Up For Rugby'!
If you have a child who wants to try out rugby for the first time, or who has played it at school and wants to learn more, just turn up and ask one of our coaches to direct you to the appropriate age grade section. If your child is 6 in the upcoming school year, then they are old enough!
Those of you returning to rugby will find things will be a little different (due to us having to operate within strict Coronavirus safety guidelines), but we are sure that the Minis, Youth and Girls teams will be able to adapt to the new framework and will love to be back to running around with an oval-shaped ball again!
Coaching will have staggered start times: Minis (teams up to and including the U12s) will train between 9:30am and 11:30am, Youth (& Girls) will train between 10am and 12 noon. Players should be ready to start the session on time.
Training will initially focus on touch rugby and Ready4Rugby but will adapt to include strictly limited contact training as the RFU's Return to Rugby roadmap enters different stages. All age grades will be adhering to the rules that apply to their age group as they relate to the current Covid-19 safety guidelines.
Please be aware of the following - and remember that adhering to these guidelines protects not just your child and your own family, but other families, everyone at the club, and the wider community:
Parents and players need to observe social distancing both inside and outside the clubhouse
The bar will be open and food will be available but payments will be by card only (preferably contactless)
- Face masks must be worn inside the club, apart from when seated at a table drinking and eating
- Everyone needs to pay close attention to signage, and follow one way systems we have put in place
- Handwash will be available at the club, but we advise you to bring your own if possible
- Toilets will be open
- Water bottles must not be shared
- Changing rooms are currently out of bounds, so players should turn up in kit, which may well get muddy, so bring towels for your car seats!
- If you, your child, or anyone you have had contact with, show any signs of Covid-19, you must stay away from the club. If you have visited the club, in addition to self-isolating you must also inform your coach immediately to ensure the club is aware of a potential issue. Please see the latest Government guidelines to make sure you are up to date with coronavirus symptoms and for rules on how long you need to self-isolate for.
Thank you all for your patience, and we hope to see you all revved up and raring to go on Sun 13 September.